Recent Fun at JME
Students and teachers are loving having the new ball toss (x2) and mini city playhouse structures added to the JME playground. A special THANKS to all JME PTA supporters (from over the years and current)... because of YOU these fun playground upgrades were possible for our students!
Make a Difference with PTA. The PTA is looking for candidates to fill the following 2023-2024 positions. For more information or to express interest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Fundraising Chair - Oversees fundraising events based on financial needs (Boosterthon, Merchandise, School Supply Kits, Retail Partners, Corporate Sponsorships, Spirit Nights, Yearbook)
Program Chairs (non-Board positions):
- Financial Review Committee - Meets quarterly to review JME PTA financial records.
- Merchandise Chair - Oversees sales of JME merchandise throughout the school year.
- Retail Partners Chair - Organizes & encourages parent participation in Amazon, BoxTops, and grocery store passive fundraising programs (relinking grocery cards).
- Reflections Chair - Oversees JME's participation in Reflections, a national PTA art competition. Sends winning entries to the state level, which may result in national entry. Organizes and displays students’ entries, facilitates judging, and issues awards.
After gathering and evaluating all nomination forms, the Nomination Committee presented the following slate of candidates to the Board of Directors for approval on March 16. The following slate was approved:
- Lindsay Jorgenson, running for President
- Melinda Magner, running for Vice President
- Elizabeth Hartmann, running for Secretary
- Stefanie Renaud, running for Treasurer
To contact us or nominate someone further to the ballot, contact Kristy Pierce (Chairperson of the Nomination Committee), or Vanessa Mayberry or Kelly Heath (other members of the Nomination Committee). Otherwise, after March 31, these nominations will be submitted for approval by the South Carolina PTA and will be voted on by our general members.
JME Named a Finalist for 2023 State Riley Award for SIC Excellence. JME's SIC was named as an award finalist for their accomplishments in parent and civic engagement within our school community. Read more here!
Welcome, Author Rob Buyea! Our 3rd-5th graders are excited to meet author Rob Buyea on Wednesday, April 26th. Rob Buyea best known as the author of the popular Mr. Terupt series (Because of Mr. Terupt, Mr. Terupt Falls Again, Saving Mr. Terupt, and Goodbye, Mr. Terupt). If your child is interested in purchasing a signed book, visit the online ordering page here. All books ordered by April 12th will be delivered to JME and signed for your student to take home the day the author visits! Reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Missing Clothes or Other Items? JME's Lost & Found racks will be in front of the cafeteria entrance April 3-6, Monday-Thursday (the week prior to Spring Break.) We will pull the racks out for pickup at 2 p.m. There's a ton of outerwear in the collection, so please ensure you aren't missing anything! Everything will be donated over Spring Break, so this will be your last chance to pick up lost items. In the meantime, if you're missing anything, have your children check the rails located against the wall right outside of the cafeteria.
Normal Office Hours: 7am-3pm
Drop Off Begins: 7:05am
Tardy Bell: 7:25am
Half day dismissal: 10:40am
Early Release dismissal: 12:25pm
DATES OF INTEREST
- Wednesday, March 29
- Monday, April 3
- Tuesday, April 4
- Wednesday, April 5
- Thursday, April 6
- Friday, April 7
Create an account to receive our weekly Monarch Message newsletter. If you're a parent/ guardian of a Jennie Moore student or a JME staff member, you'll also receive access to our online directory. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Create Account » Login
Thank you to our sponsors for the 2022-2023 school year!
Monarch Sponsors ($1000+)
Sweetgrass Sponsors ($500)
Butterfly Sponsors ($200)
For details about our 2022-2023 sponsorship program, contact our Corporate Sponsor Chair,
Leigh Ann Garrett, email@example.com.